At the June Session meeting, it was approved to return to inside in-person worship on Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
(Prayze Service) and Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. (Sunday Worship). We are pleased to join together once again in person as one community.
When you return to the building you will see:
- A clean sanitized and disinfected church
- Disinfectant, Sanitizer and Clorox Wipes are located at the Security Desk by the glass doors and in the Large Dining Room.
- Sanitizer is in the sanctuary as you come in.
- Bathrooms will have Disinfectant spray for surfaces that you may touch. (Please spray when you finish using the facilities.)
- Masks will be required, and physical distancing will be expected. Masks will be available for you on entry.
- If anyone appears to not feel well, we have a touch-free thermometer available and will assess the person in the lounge to determine next steps.
- All food and drinks will be consumed outside the church for the time being as that is safer.
- Congregants may arrive with their preprinted bulletin or pick one up at the welcome table.
- Members will be physically distanced by “family group” in the sanctuary or dining room and will be asked to mask.
- Offering will be collected with the antique offering baskets on poles or with the offering box in the dining room.
- Attendance will be taken by Elder Van Tassel each Sunday.
- Our dedicated singers will lead our music. They do not need to mask if more than 30 feet from the congregation.
- Pastor Laura will mask when with the people but will not mask during worship leadership as long as she is 30 feet from the congregation.
- Communion elements will be pre-packaged, or you may bring your own from home.
- Science does not recommend congregational singing. Knowing this, please if you decide to sing/speak the words, do so softly as not to potentially infect those around you.
Starting in July
- Saturday Night Prayze returns to 5:00 p.m. on July 11th
- Meals to Go will follow SNP at approximately 6:00 p.m. starting July 11th•Sunday Worship will return to the sanctuary at 10:00 am. on July 12th
- Wednesday Emergency Food Pantry will continue at 9:30-3:00 p.m.
- Food Ministry Food Cart be available on Saturdays at approximately 6:00 p.m. starting July 11th
- Outside Groups will be returning to the building starting July 1st
- High-Tech opportunities: We will continue sending out the bulletin and copies of all the hymns and the newsletters to the email addresses we have on hand.
- All worship services will be available on Facebook. (http:facebook.com/fpcpontiac1).
Low-Tech opportunities: We will continue to mail an annotated bulletin, sermon transcript and Home Touch weekly edition to members’ homes who are not able to attend. Please let us know if you would like this to continue. If you are back worshipping but want to continue to receive the Home Touch please let us know whether you would like it emailed or sent in the mail.
Thank you to all that have worked with us during this uncertain time. We have been feeling our way just like everyone else. Please continue to keep us in prayer and send any questions, comments or concerns to Pastor Laura. We want to hear from you.